Sunday, 24 May 2015

How I Got Back Into 40k

I didn't think I'd be saying this after I discarded my interest in Warhammer 40,000 but Games Workshop have another customer once more. How did this happen exactly? Well in my younger years I purchased "Dawn of War: Dark Crusade" for PC and logged many an hour on it, though mostly just on easy skirmish to see all the destruction unfold before me. Well after resetting my laptop I noticed it in my steam library, reinstalled it and began playing again. After telling a good friend of mine about getting it he, once a player of 40k himself, started to share an interest.

After nights of Dawn of War and a lot of reading of the "fluff" associated with some of the races my friend decided to buy "Dark Vengeance". What an amazing deal that is, I would seriously recommend any new players to buy that for them selves or share it between you and a friend. The value is awesome, the A5 rulebook is essential and the templates are handy too. Well I purchased the Librarian and the Tactical Squad from him and went out to buy some citadel paints and off I went. Well this was a couple of months ago now and since then I've used eBay to pick up more models which I'll be showcasing in future posts. As I've painted up more of these models I've found my desire to buy more has increased, it could be fair to say I'm hooked.

It would be interesting to know your stories on how you've found your way back into the hobby or how you got into it in the first place, so please leave a comment below.

So here is the beginning to my blog/youtube channel, stay tuned to see all of the blog posts and forthcoming videos that will be released in due course (I have a few exams at the moment which is making the video production slightly delayed but fear not, they will be on the way)

Thanks for reading,

Slick.

No comments:

Post a Comment