Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Stormtalon bumblebee of death




Hello All!

It has arrived!  I have no idea why I am so excited about its arrival, maybe because its my first ever flyer or maybe because I waited so damn long for it to arrive.  Never the less I couldn't have been happier when I opened the door this morning.  If you see Tony the dhl delivery man driving around Derby, please congratulate him.

Less about Tony, more about the bumblebee.  I went to buy a landspeeder and now I have this adorable little talon of death.  I have always liked the ideas of flyers in 40k, the image of all manner of ships battling it out above a massed infantry battle is, for me, the epitome of the gimdark.  This should hopefully bring me some much needed maneuverability and flyer defense.

I decided to keep the weapons unattached to the model so I can just swap them out depending on the list I am playing.  They seem to just snap on and off and hold themselves in place with no magnet magic or bluetac.  The base was good fun too, managed to squeeze some odds and sods of terrain in there to hopefully spruce the model up a bit.



Should be getting a lick of paint soon, lots of new challenges ahead!  Going to have very similar weathering style to the rhino I did but hopefully going to try a bit of black dry brushing for some flyer-weathering®.  Watch this space!  Then its back to the shopping cart for my Crimson Fists.

-Harry

No comments:

Post a Comment