Sunday, 28 February 2016

My Crimson fist army list

Hi All,

I have never really touched on how my crimson fists play on the table top.  I love a good game just as much as I love a good modelling session.  The list I have has more been tailored to fit the models I happen to have rather than the other way round.  This has made me realise there are many, many holes and I hope to start turning that around so that by the time I reach 3000 points, I have a good round list.

So lets cover what I actually want these sons of dorn to do.


HQ


I wanted Pedro straight off the bat, even though he cost a shitton.  I never really fielding him until I reached around 1500 point games.  To make up for that I have been using some of the honor guard as captains and even converted a chaplain.  Hoping to get a librarian sorted soon as I really wish I had some psychic shenanigans.  After that I may be looking at getting a Lysander-assaultermator- landraiders deathstar.

Troops

Obviously I am going to have a fair few tactical marines.  They are cheap to buy, fun to play and with the imperial fists chapter tactics they are pretty much ballistic skill 5.  Bonza, gotta love them.  I went a bit over kill and am now looking at around 40 of the little fuckers and only one rhino.  Not so great.  The lack of mobility has definitely been crippling me when I play 1500 points plus and I have to field them.

Elites

Other than the swathes of tactical marines, I wanted this army to by quite elite and based around Pedro Bantor.  Objective securing sternguard, terminators and honor guard were all picked up.

The honor guard are only really there because I wanted 10 sternguard and didn't want to use the legs with panty cloths.  I thought, "hey, these legs would make great honor guard" and voila, they were born.  Not used them yet, probably because I still need to paint them.

Love the terminators, never really let me down now I have learnt the deep striking them usually causes a hot mess.  Not really much tactics going on with these yet, just trudge about and shoot shit.

The sternguard were the unit I was the msot excited about when starting this Pedro List.  The first game I played with them I learned pretty fast they are just posh tactical marines and will get shot dead in one turn.  Whoops.  I found you either need to drop pod them next the enemys most expensive unit and take as many TEQs with you when you get brutalised next turn or play them carefully, moving through cover and making the most of their special ammo.  Either way, these guys are good fun.

Fast Attack

Assault marines!  Love these guys, even if I did fork out rrp for them.  Good for harassing small stuff and being generally mischievous.  They have been somewhat of a learning curve, knowing that attacking other assault units with them just does not go well.  These boys are there to slaughter small troop squads, threw a power sword in there for MEQ poking.

My stormtalon is a pretty neat model.  That's about it really, not played it yet so we will see how that turns out.  Its 7E right so everyone needs flyers?

Heavy Support

Hmmm, not much going on here.  A dev squad with three plasma cannons is about it really.  These guys are actually pretty mediocre.  They usually scatter or blow up in their own faces before they are really effective.  Still fun when you blast a terminator squad away in one turn.


So who wants to actually see the list?

Space Marines: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) (563pts)

  • (No Category)

    • Chapter Tactics *

      Imperial Fists
  • HQ (150pts)

    • Librarian (150pts)

      Mastery Level 2 (25pts)
      And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics *, Independant Character
      • The Armour Indomitus (60pts)

        Bolt Pistol, Force Sword
  • Troops (283pts)

    • Scout Squad (73pts)

      3x Boltgun, Camo Cloaks (10pts), Heavy Bolter (8pts), 4x Scouts (44pts)
      And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics *, Combat Squads, Infiltrate *, Move Through Cover, Scout
      • Scout Sergeant (11pts)

        Bolt Pistol, Boltgun
    • Tactical Squad (210pts)

      Grav-gun (15pts), 4x Space Marines (56pts)
      And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics *, Combat Squads
      • Razorback (75pts)

        Twin-linked Lascannon (20pts)
      • Veteran Sergeant (64pts)

        Plasma Pistol (15pts), Power Fist (25pts)
  • Fast Attack (130pts)

    • Stormtalon Gunship (130pts)

      Typhoon Missle Launcher (20pts)
      Strafing Run, Vectored Afterburners

Space Marines: Codex (2015) (SM Gladius Strike Force) (1960pts)

  • (No Category)

    • Chapter Tactics *

      Imperial Fists
  • Core (885pts)

    • 'Battle Demi Company * (885pts)

      Objective Secured, Tactical Flexibility
      • Assault Squad (95pts)

        4x Space Marines (56pts)
        • Veteran Sergeant (39pts)

          Bolt Pistol, Power Sword (15pts)
      • Chaplain (105pts)

        Chapter Tactics *, Independant Character, Zealot
        • Power Armour (15pts)

          Plasma Pistol (15pts)
      • Devastator Squad (115pts)

        3x Plasma Cannon (45pts), 4x Space Marines (56pts)
        And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics *, Combat Squads
        • Space Marine Sergeant (14pts)

          Bolt Pistol, Boltgun
      • Tactical Squad (210pts)

        Flamer (5pts), Missile Launcher (Frag & Krak) (15pts), 9x Space Marines (126pts)
        And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics *, Combat Squads
        • Veteran Sergeant (64pts)

          Plasma Pistol (15pts), Power Fist (25pts)
      • Tactical Squad (170pts)

        Flamer (5pts), Missile Launcher (Frag & Krak) (15pts), 9x Space Marines (126pts)
        And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics *, Combat Squads
        • Space Marine Sergeant (24pts)

          Bolt Pistol, Compi-plasma (10pts)
      • Tactical Squad (190pts)

        Heavy Bolter (10pts), Plasma Gun (15pts), 9x Space Marines (126pts)
        And They Shall Know no Fear, Chapter Tactics *, Combat Squads
        • Veteran Sergeant (39pts)

          Chainsword, Grav-pistol (15pts)
  • Command (330pts)

    • 'Strike Force Command (330pts)

      Pedro Kantor (185pts)
      • Honour Guard (145pts)

        Chapter Tactics *
        • Chapter Champion (45pts)

          Boltgun, Relic Blade (10pts)
          Honor or Death
        • Honour Guard (25pts)

          Power Axe
        • Honour Guard (25pts)

          Power Sword
        • Honour Guard (25pts)

          Power Sword
        • Honour Guard (25pts)

          Power Sword
  • Auxiliary (745pts)

    • '1st Company Task Force (745pts)

      Extremis Level Threat *, Fear, Fearless, Terrifying Proficiency *
      • Sternguard Veteran Squad (295pts)

        • Drop Pod (35pts)

          Storm Bolter
          Drop Pod Assault, Immobile, Inertial Guidance System
        • Veteran (32pts)

          Coombi-plasma (10pts)
        • Veteran (32pts)

          Coombi-plasma (10pts)
        • Veteran (32pts)

          Combi-melta (10pts)
        • Veteran (32pts)

          Combi-melta (10pts)
        • Veteran (22pts)

          Boltgun
        • Veteran (22pts)

          Boltgun
        • Veteran (22pts)

          Boltgun
        • Veteran (22pts)

          Boltgun
        • Veteran (22pts)

          Boltgun
        • Veteran Sergeant (22pts)

          Bolt Pistol, Boltgun
      • Terminator Assault Squad (215pts)

        4x Any model may replace its two Lightning Claws for a Thunderhammer and Storm Shield (40pts), 4x Terminator (140pts)
        And They Shall Know no Fear
        • Terminator Sergeant (35pts)

          Two Lightning Claws
      • Terminator Squad (235pts)

        May replace Power Fist with Chainfist (5pts), Replace Storm Bolter with Assault Cannon (20pts), 5x Terminator (175pts), Terminator Sergeant (35pts)
        And They Shall Know no Fear

So there we are, about 2500 points as it stands.  The sergeants of the tacticals squads are wysiwyg so it could easily be trimmed down.



What would I change?

So what am I buying next basically.  I think more drop pods/rhinos are on the cards.  Might try and scratch build some drop pods, screw spending that sort of money on it.  A land raider would deffo be helpful for my assault units as I do actually have some assault terminators coming up soon.

Heavy support needs a look in, need some lascannons in there.  Maybe a predator or something although tanks are expensive irl money, even if you hunt around on ebay so we will see what I can get my hands on.

I have also been toying with the idea of assasins, they seem like good fun and I rarely seem them played.  Plus its only one more model!  Hooray.


That is all from me today, let me know what you guys think of my list.

Cheers guys,
-Harry


P.s. sneak peaks of my terrain projects in here, more on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment